Stated Session Meeting
August 28, 2017
1. Mark opened the meeting with prayer. Victoria Esarey led the group in devotions.
2. Sarah Krauss’ request for membership was approved, and she will be received into full membership at a worship service October 15, 2017.
3. Treasurer’s report: Contact Treasurer Milt Davis for figures.
4. Victoria Esarey commented on the August 19, 2017 presbytery meeting held in Farmville noted the recognition of Denny Casey with a mission group’s trip to Guatemala.
5. A motion to change the congregational meeting to elect new officers scheduled for September 24 to October 8, 2017 was approved.
6. Mark reported plans are being made for La Posada December 1 with December 8 as an alternate date.
7. A World Communion Service with other churches will be held October 1 at NCI in lieu of the 8:30 or 11:00 worship services at FPC.
8. Session backing for Monica Stevens to participate in the Certified Pastor program and to serve as her sponsor was approved.
9. Attendance at the community breakfasts continues to grow.
10. September 10: Rally Day and Lemonade on the Lawn
October 8: Church Picnic.
11. The meeting ended at 9:20 with prayer led by Monica Stevens.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
Copyright © 2017 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.
Web Development: Chatmoss Web Systems