Stated Session Meeting
November 27, 2017
1. An officer training session for elders elect and current session members was held in the Fellowship Hall prior to the November stated meeting. Mark reviewed the basic tenets of the reformed faith, how to share personal faith, duties of officers, the Book of Confessions and the Book of Order.
2. The stated meeting opened with prayer by Mark, and Teri Ferguson presented the devotions.
3. The treasurer presented a report.
4. Cindy Edgerton, presbytery commissioner for the November meeting, referenced the speaker’s address that churches focus on the good things that are happening in our churches in light of shrinking and aging populations.
5. Mark Hinchcliff reported the Disciples study has begun and there is room for more participants. He is working with Agape leaders. Monica Stevens reported there are over 70 participants in the three levels of Agape care.
6. FPC has been invited to nominate three participates for a Presbyterian panel. Denny Casey and Monica Stevens agreed to participate and onw more person will be contacted to complete the panel for FPC.
7. A certificate of appreciation for submitting the 2016 minutes has been received along with a review form.
8. The following committee chairs were named:
9. The December Stated Session meeting will be held Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 7:00 pm.
10. The meeting ended at 9:50 with prayer led by Monica Stevens.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
Copyright © 2019 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.
Web Development: Chatmoss Web Systems