Stated Session Meeting Highlights
August 27, 2018
- Mark Hinchcliff opened the meeting, held in the session room at the church, with prayer. Paul Cannaday led the group in devotions.
- The treasurer, Henry Moore, reported on the checking account balance and the Morgan Stanley account balance (figures available at church).
- Monica Stevens reported on the August presbytery meeting noting the resignation of Steve Earles. FPC will host the February, 2019 meeting.
- Mark reported the following:
- Services at FPC 08/05/2018, two services and home visit/communion and extended table to Kings Grant residents on 08/06/201.
- Successful Back2School event held. Twelve locations served approximately 3000 students. Discussions are underway to smooth out wrinkles in the program next year.
- Shared information about the successful family outing led by Sarah Krauss held at Lee Ford Camp Sunday, August 26.
- Reviewed the Disciples Study and plans for the next class beginning in early October.
- Discussed the Safety and Security Policy that has been developed. Denny Casey and Mark Hinchclilf will lead a CPR training with Weekday School Leaders.
- World Communion Day, sponsored by Grace, Forest Hills, and FPC, will be held at NCI October 7. Come early to get a good seat. Worship will begin at 10:30 and will be led by Dr. James Forbes, retired pastor of Riverside Church in New York City.
- The session approved financial support of about $1250 for the World Communion Day service.
- Approval was given for Mark’s vacation September 10-18, 2018. A substitute pastor will lead worship services, September 16.
- A Certificate of Appreciation was received for submission of the 2017 session minutes for review.
- The December stated session meeting will be held January 7, 2019.
- The Kuhn Scholarship was awarded to two students who are members of FPC.
- The meeting ended at 8:45 with prayer led by Mark Hinchcliff.
- Staffing for the Weekday School is complete with fifty children enrolled. Mark requested our church members be present for special Weekday School activities.
- Help is needed for the library guild.
- Plans are being made for Laity Sunday October 21, 2018.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
1901 PATRICK HENRY AVE.
MARTINSVILLE, VA 24112
VOICE: (276) 632-3431
FAX: (276) 632-3802
2019 - First Presbyterian Church of Martinsville, Virginia - All rights reserved.